April 8, 2011

Reminiscing Boy Band Madness...



Were You in your Teen years during the 90's? If you are, then you probably enjoyed the boy band fever by then. Heard of the Backstreet Boys, Code Red, 98 Degrees, N'Sync, West Life, Boyzone, All-4-One and many more? Remember their cheesy dance moves, ridiculous outfits, cheerleader poses but undeniably good looks? Hmmmm... and the music, music, when I hear them again brought me back to the memory lane, of my adolescent years together with my sister.



The Backstreet Boys - Best-selling boy band of the 90's


I was 3rd year High School when this American Boy Band visited the Philippines to promote their first album by then and they guested in one of the local tv program. They performed "Get Down" and I was drawn to their music and to the cute faces of course. They play dance songs and they have cheesy dance moves and all the girls my age by then was going gaga over them. That was 1996, when they first started, not very popular in the world yet. There songs were played all the time in the radio. As I continue high school they are still selling more and more music and they are getting more and more popular. .Even in college, they are still the "IT" group. I remember me buying magazines and posters where it says BSB. I have my favorite band member. When all the girls loves Nick Carter, I love Kevin Richardson. He got the most beautiful voice among the group I guess. I do remember all the songs that was very popular by then. When CD's and DV's and mp3's were not being born by that time, I have cassette tapes of all their album..hahaha.. funny when I remember that now. I remember I get always teased by my friends. Of all the boy bands, I grew up with the Backstreet Boys and they were my favorite among all the boy bands in the world. Why? well, they just are. It was probably their music, if they are not on dance beat, they have beautiful, mushy romantic love songs which I love anyway. I have all sorts of BSB pictures when young, I even made a scrapbook, gosh! What a fanatic. :P


N'SYNC - They also "drive me crazy"


They are one big group and wait till you hear them do some acapella. They have lots of powerful songs either the ballads or the upbeat pop and bit R & B type of music. The handsome members Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick wowed the world with their good looks and talents of course. They popularized the songs "Bye Bye bye, I Drive Myself Crazy, This I promise You, and God Must Have Spent a Little More time On You were some of their good songs. I listened to their songs a lot and dance to their music. I grew up with n'sync too... During the late 80"s, early 90's and late 90's, the boy bands are overwhelming! But according to record sales and people votes during those times, these two boy bands - BSB and N'sync - wre the best!

CODE RED - My Cheesy Cutey Boy Band



This boy band reminds me of my one of the best guy friend in college. He was so jolly and crazy he always imitates this group and their dance moves and it would leave me cracking. He always imitate the dance move too in the video " What good is a heart". They may not be able to stay longer than the rest of the group but they have some of the beautiful love songs around.

BoYz II Men 


Are they boy band? I am not that sure really but gosh, love love this guys. They have very soulful ballads. I like their song  "On Bended Knees". 



98 Degrees 


They were the Hunks boy band. The lead singer I think is Nick Lachey the famous ex-husband of Jessica Simpson, hmmnnn...familiar? Oh well, I plan to have their song " I Do, Cherish you" in my wedding song lists. :P

5IVE

They came up with pretty songs too. They may not be as big as the BSB or N'SYNC but I do sing their songs in the shower. hahaha..

WESTLIFE

well...I can't get enough of westlife! I am a westlife fanatic since their first album.


So what's your Boybands share of story? :P










No comments:

Post a Comment